Friday, April 9, 2010

Google Chrome

I have been using Google Chrome ever since I can remember, and have loved it every minute. When I first downloaded it, it was in the Beta stages and I got a virus from it but I have never held it against Google. I love all of the Chrome features, it is also clean, fast and simple and there are no tool bars that take up half the screen. I use everything on Chrome. Incognito windows I use so that things don't show up in my history. Inspect elements when you right click is useful when I am designing websites. I can even change the theme and colors to my likings. It is also very easy to use the and allows me to easily view my history, have many windows/tabs open at once, pins my favorite/most used websites to my homepage. Like every other browser it asks me if I want to save my passwords, which is and always will be convenient and it also has built in spell check (like most things these days). I am also an extreme downloader so it is nice that Chrome archives all my downloads in my documents and allows me to have a tab open just for my downloads. I have also found that if I have a problem with the page I am viewing, if I sent a message to the people at Google they will quickly try their best and fix it for my (luckily they always have). I have only ever found one downfall to Google Chrome and that is that I have to save my picture before I can set them as my background.

I have read various amounts of what other people think of Google Chrome and everyone seems to have the same opinion: that its a good browser, works great, fast, nice looking BUT everyone also sees its flaws, that it could be better protected. I don't see these problems, I believe Chrome has great security but I am not everyone. Every browser does have its problems but after using a variety of them Google Chrome is definitely my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. i think i agree with pretty much everything you said i found it annoying that you had to save a picture before setting it as a background but an upside of that is you somewhat have a backup file of it. i love the built in spell check. and the fact that they keep it simple without the huge toolbars at the top is a really nice add on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Ashley. I don't see how google Chrome is said to be not very protected. Great post

    ReplyDelete