Monday, March 22, 2010

Mac vs. PC

Everyone has this own opinion on different computers, which makes it very difficult when it’s time to upgrade to a new one. You know what type of computer you are looking are, but yet maybe the person who is helping you at the store doesn’t believe that you are making the right deal.
Here’s my scenario, I am going out to future shop to get a new computer, and the computer of my choice would be a Mac, but the person who is dealing with me believes that I am making a wrong choice in computer, so I begin to tell him...
- Hardware: It has a 20 in screen, 2.4 GHz Intel Core, 1 GB of RAM, 320 GB hard drive, built-in Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi, 8 x CD/DVD burners, remote control, and an HD 2600 graphics card.
- Software: OS X Leopard, iLife ’08 (iTunes, iPhoto, GarageBand, Etc) and an iWork 30 day trial.
- The average start up is 28.7 seconds
- The average shutdown is 4.0 seconds
- The internet browser loads in 3.3 seconds
- Microsoft word loads in 4.2 seconds
- CD rip only takes 3 minutes, 35 seconds.
Where is if I was going to by a PC all of that stuff wouldn’t work/run as fast.
- Hardware: 19 in screen, 2.0 GHz Intel Core, 3 GB Ram, 500 GB hard drive, built in Wi-Fi, 8 x CD/DVD burner, remote control. HD 2600 graphics card.
- Software: windows vista home premium, Microsoft works 8.5, Media center, Microsoft office (60 day trial)
- The average start up is 1 minute, 13 seconds
- The average shut down is 44.3 seconds
- Internet browser loads is 6.3 seconds
- Microsoft word loads in 5.2 seconds
- CD rip takes 3 minutes, 35 seconds
I turned and looked at the man helping me, and asked him one simple question why would I want a PC that cost $1800 when a MAC works/run faster, and it only cost $1499.

No comments:

Post a Comment